Châtel & Portes du Soleil Ski Domain
Châtel is a charming, picturesque alpine village with a lively village centre. It is in the heart of the massive Portes du Soleil ski region, which includes Morzine, Avoriaz, Champery, Les Crosets, Morgins, Champoussin and Torgon. It consists of:
- 12 linked resorts either side of the French-Swiss border
- 650km of skiing
- 11snow parks, 4 boardercross
…..all with one pass. It is great fun skiing two countries in one day!
With skiing and boarding to suit all levels, the Portes du Soleil is the biggest international ski area in the world, providing fun for all the family. Here skiing is a journey, with different panoramas and routes to look forward to every day and each of the 12 village resorts offering a charm of their own.
- Located 80 minutes from Geneva in the northern alps Chatel is in the heart of the Portes du Soleil ski area, combining 12 linked resorts, unique skiing without frontiers across France and Switzerland:
- La Chapelle
- Les Gets
- Les Crosets
- 650 km of groomed slopes
- 283 Pistes
- 27 black
- 104 red
- 119 blue
- 33 green
- 10 snowparks
- 198 mountain lifts
- 89 slopeside restaurants
Great skiing for all abilities
- There are plenty of wide slopes for beginners – Super Châtel is a wonderful area for beginners, with plenty of greens and easy blues, criss-crossing between France and Switzerland, giving beginners a great chance to move away from learner slopes at the bottom and start to explore the mountains.
- With twelve different resorts to enjoy, intermediate skiing is utterly endless. The circuit is a classic route, which starts and ends in Châtel, travelling through six different resorts whilst taking in some fantastic blues and cruisy reds.
- For the adventurous advanced/expert skiier there are the famous black runs such as the Coupe du Monde, or the Swiss Wall and the off-piste is without doubt some of the best in the Alps. Skiing in unspoilt surroundings, a genuine powder reserve in the Alps. Châtel also offers easy access to Avoriaz (1800-2466m) which has an excellent snow record.
The Portes du Soleil offers visitors a unique ski experience – just click into your bindings and go exploring from resort to resort, valley to valley – and even from country to country …
In addition to downhill skiing
- Freestyle/Snowboard in the parks of Super Châtel and Avoriaz
- Cross Country Nordic skiing
- Extreme off piste skiing and boarding
- Para-skiing and Tandem Paragliding
- Evening Skiing on Thursday nights
- Skating rink
- Snowshoeing & Walking
- Ice Fishing & Ice Diving
- Dog Sled & Horse Sled Rides
- Biathlon (Nordic skiing and Rifle target shooting)
And by night….
- Night skiing – ski under the stars on the floodlit stadium with music each Thursday night
- Bowling Centre
- Two Cinema’s
- Restaurants & Bars