Châtel – The perfect family resort
Children are made very welcome in the village which holds the french government’s highest ‘Family Plus’ certification for its family-friendliness.
Nursery facilities are available in the village centre for babies from three months up to children aged six years and there are a selection of ski schools offering ski kindergarten from age three right up through childhood, with on-slope special children’s learning areas.
The proximity of Switzerland is underlined by chocolate company Milka’s decision to sponsor the popular Purple Piste in the Super-Châtel ski area which has been specially designed for children but is open to all. Themed on animal and plant life in the area there are fun figures and information panels along the way.
A family discount on lift tickets is offered when at least four people buy passes of the same duration and the same area at the same time providing ID and with at least one of them a child.
Don’t fancy skiing… Why not chill out at the chalet or alternatively treat yourself – we can arrange and advise you on some great alternatives:
- Swimming in the wonderful aquatic centre in Châtel – Forme d’O
- Thermal springs, spa and massage
- Dog sledding
- Snow shoeing
- Ice skating
- Ice fishing and ice diving
- Biathlon (Nordic skiing and rifle target shooting)
- Merry-go-round (situated in the centre of Châtel with wooden horses)
- Le Petit Train (sightseeing tour of Châtel)
- Ten pin bowling
- Wonderful local restaurants and bars